Thursday 3 March 2016

Bloody

Seeking fame and fortune, we walk the streets of London, looking for the crossroads everywhere
Fame and Fortune - The Libertines

Inbloodyvisible *

I've complained before about the lack of awareness of blood cancer; all the euphemisms; the complicated names; the fragmentation. So I should be - indeed I am - delighted that Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research has rebranded as Bloodwise. Not least because it is now inclusive of myeloma in a way it wasn't before.

A bit late now!
However, I'm less impressed that I only discovered this today (while googling for something I knew would be on the Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research website). Apparently, the rebrand happened in September, as part of "blood cancer awareness month". I wasn't even aware of blood cancer awareness month. And I've got bloody blood cancer. So the likelihood that anyone else has heard of any of this is approximately the square root of bloody bugger all.

Oh the irony. If only it wasn't a matter of life and death. Gotta laugh, or you'd cry.

Still, you know now. Spread the word.

* Expletive tmesis. Isn't English glorious?

No comments: