Friday 24 January 2014

Normalish

I'm wasting my young years. It doesn't matter. I'm chasing old ideas. It doesn't matter
Wasting My Young Years - London Grammar

Check up (from 10th Jan tests): ... Haemoglobin 12.4 ... Neutrophils 2.26 ... Platelets 176 ... Kappa FLCs 61 ...

My scores. Blood count normal, normal and normal. Even my lymphocytes (0.86 and counting) are getting more normal. (The lack of them was what sent me scurrying to hospital when I got a fever last month.)

And my light chains are actually DOWN. I was beginning to get used to them creeping up.... 62... 65... 69 in previous tests. Changes at this level are meaningless (number too volatile, test too sensitive), but even so I imagined a trend where I would very slowly emerge from remission. But no.

I think these are the best results I've ever had.

I was so pumped up, I decided today was the day to go for a run. Only a mile and a half. But crucially, I was not in pain. That's my first run for 98 weeks, since the time I broke my back. A really quite significant mile stone, then and now.

No comments: